It’s an all too common scenario, you’ve got the perfect gift but no gift bag or appropriate wrapping paper. Here’s a list of alternative items that can used to conceal a special present, and some of them are even gifts themselves. All of the following items can be instantly dressed up by adding a pretty ribbon, fake flowers, or an interesting piece of old costume jewelry.
- Brown shipping paper
- Aluminum foil
- Parchment paper
- Comic section of the newspaper
- Craft paper
- Lunch bag
- Reusable shopping bag
- Pillow case
- Trinket box
- Storage box
- Ziploc bag
- Fun sock
- Large envelope
- Tote bag
- Colored trash bag
For some items wrapping is not necessary.
- An awkwardly shaped item, such as a teapot, would look nice with only a ribbon tied on it.
- A Clothing item can presented on a colorful or padded hanger.
- A large item, such a riding toy or huge teddy bear, can simply have a cute blanket thrown over it.
- Kids love playing a game to find their presents. Hide the gift in a drawer or cabinet. Give the kids clues to find it, or have them follow a string all over the house, leading them to their new treasure.